Saturday 27 August 2016

Summer isn't over yet!

Working on the premise that most of you will by now (in the nicest possible way) have ploughed your way through all those lovely books you bought for the holiday season, you'll be delighted to know that more fantastic deals are up for grabs. 

Throughout the Bank Holiday weekend both Safe Harbour and Honey Bun will be available at the knock-down price of 99p. I know it’s hard to believe that some of you still haven’t read either, or both ,so here’s your opportunity to get them at a bargain basement price.

What do you do when you discover your boyfriend of two years is married to someone else? Beth Walker seeks to escape her heartbreak by taking temporary work on a cruise ship. Instead, on the very first day she meets Ryan Donovan and is drawn to his soft Irish lilt and mischievous eyes. Her plan to forswear men recedes like the waves at the stern of the ship...but it isn't quite that simple. There are many obstacles that stand in the way of her happiness - and then she learns she is pregnant. It seems her problems may only just be beginning. Antagonism between Beth and Ryan abounds and there are misunderstandings aplenty. Can these two warring factions find a happy ever after?



When Guy Ffoulkes walks into Honeysuckle Bunting's teashop after an absence of fourteen years her world goes out of sync. Guy was her brother's best friend; she was Basil's scruffy younger sister. For Honey Bun though there had always been more...

Honey had been heartbroken as Guy, kissing the top of her head in brotherly fashion, left Rills Ford to go to university. So why was he back now, standing in her shop? When Honey learns the reason for his reappearance her excitement at seeing him again swiftly turns to dismay. 



It’s a strange thing, is writing. It’s been two years since each was published – hence the amazing offer – and almost as long since I read them myself. Because writing is a craft upon which we are continually building layers, I wondered how I would feel reading them again at this distance, for there is no doubt my writing has changed in that time. To tell you the truth, I was a bit nervous. Imagine my delight then in deriving an enormous amount of pleasure from the re-reads. Bear in mind that when you move on to the next project, and the next, you tend to forget what you wrote before. It was like diving into the pages of someone else’s book. I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next!

Here is a five star review for Safe Harbour:

I read this lovely story more or less in one sitting. It's a short novel, but manages to pack in all the necessary emotion, twists and turns, misunderstandings, exotic cruise ship setting and medical drama that a good romance needs. Natalie made me like her characters and care about what happened to them.  

Thank you, Writeread...and my thanks also to Sarah for this one on Honey Bun:

A terrific read. Couldn't put it down. Had to reschedule my life in order to read it through from start to finish, without stopping. The story and characters stayed with me for days. 

So I wouldn’t dream of saying ‘Please buy my book’. But if you do, here are the links and I hope you enjoy.

Safe Harbour: http://amzn.to/2bUMlG3

Honey Bun: http://amzn.to/2bXVD3Q




4 comments:

  1. Great reviews. Are you busy on number 3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three and four both with my agent, Carol. Started number 5 four weeks ago. Thank you for posting

      Delete
  2. Re forgetting wot you have wrote. It's disastrous if you write a series, I can tell you. I keep having to re-read my own books because I find myself writing about a place or person I've used before and I can't remember anything about them. It's hilarious when I do a talk and the audience correct me when I'm wrong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, Lesley. Perhaps I'll keep away from doing a series. I remember a while ago not even being able to remember the name of my two books ago heroine. Duh!

      Delete